A toothache can occur when food is caught between your teeth, or it can be a sign of a more serious problem. Getting the treatment your need when you need it can help you avoid more serious consequences of an untreated toothache and may just save your tooth. Our Los Angeles toothache treatment expert offers emergency services for patients with a toothache so that they can enjoy fast, effective relief.
Common causes of toothache include:
• A piece of food or debris caught between teeth or between the gums and the tooth, which can often be resolved with careful flossing and rinsing around the affected tooth
• A fractured tooth, which can irritate the nerve inside the tooth
• Decay beneath a filling or deep decay, which can lead to an infection or abscess
• An infected or abscessed tooth, which can cause deep, throbbing or radiating pain
• Bruxism, which can cause a dull ache
• Exposed roots, which can lead to sensitivity particularly to hot or cold temperatures
Our expert in treatment of toothache in Los Angeles will perform a careful exam to determine the cause of your toothache. Dental X-rays or other images may be taken. Once we identify the problem, we will explain our recommendations and help you make the best decision for your needs.
Toothache Los Angeles
Treatments can include root canal therapy, a dental filling or a new restoration. Our Los Angeles toothache treatment expert will create a treatment plan to manage pain and other symptoms and to protect the function of the tooth. Some extremely damaged teeth may not be able to be saved; in this case, we will explain your options and help you explore available restorations.
Toothaches are usually preventable with good dental care. Brush and floss thoroughly twice a day to control plaque and bacteria, and visit our expert in treatment of toothache in Los Angeles periodically for cleanings and exams. Most people should visit about every six months, but if you smoke or have other risk factors, you may need to schedule more frequent visits.
Call us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment with our Los Angeles dentist.