You may have bitten down on a piece of ice or fallen and hit your mouth. The result is often the same: a chipped tooth. A chipped tooth can be scary, but in most cases, it can be fixed quickly and effectively. Our Los Angeles chipped tooth treatment expert can recommend the best treatment for your needs.
Our expert in treatment of chipped tooth in Los Angeles will examine the tooth to determine the extent of the damage. We may take dental X-rays or other diagnostic images to rule out more serious damage. Then, we will explain your treatment options. Dental enamel is the strongest tissue in the body, but it can be damaged through stress fractures, a bite on something hard, or a traumatic fall or blow to the face. The extent of the damage will largely determine the nature of the treatment.
Chipped Tooth Los Angeles
Several types of chips are possible, including:
• Craze lines, which only affect the outer enamel
• A chipped cusp, which occurs when the chewing surface is broken
• A crack, which can be a more serious injury
Some of the treatments that our Los Angeles chipped tooth treatment expert may recommend include:
• Dental bonding, which can restore small chips, fractures and flaws in the surface of the tooth without requiring extensive preparation
• Dental veneers, which can cover the entire front of the tooth and conceal the entire chipped or cracked area
• Dental crowns, which encase the entire crown of the tooth in porcelain
Although a chip might seem minor, it needs to be addressed as soon as possible. That is because a damaged tooth is susceptible to more damage, including a more serious fracture and decay. If you have a chipped tooth, our expert in treatment of chipped tooth in Los Angeles can evaluate you right away and stabilize the tooth while recommending specific courses of actions based on our diagnosis.
Call us today to learn more or to schedule your appointment with our cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles.